pdf – Artist Alley Application
docx. – Artist Alley Application
Vendors, and Artists, herein referred to as Exhibitors, understand that these rules are established to ensure a safe, orderly, and proper dealer and artist space, and to protect the safety, security, liability, and public image of the convention and/or it’s attendees. Exhibitors agree that rules and policies, including these, are important and necessary for the smooth operation of the event, and they agree to abide by all such rules and policies.
- By registering as an exhibitor, whether online or via mail if available, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- You must fill out the required tax information form as soon as you pay for your booth or table.
- The convention is authorized but not required to enforce these, and any additional policies it may enact, and may provide penalties for violations of convention policies up to and including ejection from the convention without refund.
- Exhibitors may bring no merchandise into the exhibitors area that would be illegal to sell, including, but not limited to bootleg DVDs, and unlicensed replicas or products.
- Exhibitors in the Artist Alley space, may only sell artwork which has significant amount of originality to meet copyright laws, which prohibits things such as but not limited to eyeballing and/or tracing.
- Exhibitors agree they are solely responsible for the legality and merchantability of any items they sell.
- All Exhibitors understand that the convention is solely responsible for leasing space to Exhibitors, as requested by purchasing space, for the designated time of the convention, however Exhibitors are solely responsible for the merchantability of the items within the confines of that space, although the convention may still eject vendors who violate policies as violating policies constitutes violating the contract between the Exhibitors and the event and prevents a safe, orderly, and proper dealer and artist space operation.
- All Exhibitors agree that they have, and are solely responsible for having, all the proper licensing that is required to do business at the convention, within guidelines for the state of South Dakota and/or Brown county.
- Selling any type of weapon, projectiles, ammunition, or air-canisters for any gas-powered guns is prohibited.
- Our convention is a family friendly event, and we ask dealers setting up to keep this in mind. The acceptability of displays of adult material is at the sole discretion of the Exhibitors Coordinator. Exhibitors must take care to prevent children from viewing materials that are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children. Do not sell inappropriate materials to minors, as it is illegal.
- Exhibitors may not rent, sell, transfer, or sublet space to anyone else.
- Space may be available on a first-come first-served basis, or any other basis as decided by the convention. Space may not be held for Exhibitors until they have completed the registration process and paid in full.
- Signs, decorations, banners, etc may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, walls, painted surfaces, or columns at our convention facility, without prior consent from the Exhibitors Coordinator.
- The convention is not responsible for losses due to theft, damage, fire, or other causes. Exhibitors must take care to watch their own space during the exhibitor hours.
- Exhibitors may be responsible for purchasing their own internet access or electricity through the venue, if it is needed.
- We may ask any Exhibitor to leave the convention at any time for any reason that we believe may harm the event, con goers, convention staff, or any other community members.
- We reserve the right to amend, adapt, modify, update or otherwise change these rules to protect the safety, security, liability, or public image of the convention and/or it’s attendees, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the convention’s executives.
Should any Exhibitor find they cannot attend the convention, or need to reduce the number of spaces purchased, they must contact the convention to make arrangements.
- Artists Alley Exhibitors will receive a partial refund through 10 days prior to the convention, minus a $10.00 fee. After that there will be no refund for cancelled spaces, and exceptions cannot be made.
Booth Set up –
Exhibitors will be allowed to begin set up on Saturday September 8th, from 11:00am – 12:00 p.m. The Exhibitor or individual familiar with the items at the booth must be present at the display at all times during the conventions hours of operation. Demonstrations and, or explanations of the art, or other items at the booth are encouraged where possible, and appropriate.
Registration Fee –
There is a $40.00 fee, for Exhibitors that are selling Art works. The fee is per requested booth space. You may request 1 or 2 booth spaces.
The Fee includes – One Booth Space, One Table, Two Chairs, and Two Badges.
Additional Item Fees –
- Tables: One table per booth space is provided; additional tables are available for an additional charge of $10.00.
- Chairs: Two chairs per booth space are provided; additional chairs will be available for an additional charge of $2.00, per chair.
- Badges: Two Badges per booth space are provided; additional badges will be available for an additional charge of $3.00.
Important Dates/Times –
|Friday, August 31st, 2018||–||Application Deadline|
|Saturday, September 8th, 2018||–||Check in and Set up 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Event time 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Tear down 9:00 p.m.|
General Information –
All exhibitors should be aware that all reasonable measures will be taken to ensure security. Neither the Fandom Dakota Convention and its affiliates, nor Northern State University are responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Artist space is intended for home-made creations or artwork. Work that is not created by the table owner (manufactured plushies, buttons, etc. that you didn’t make either yourself or in collaboration with another) cannot be sold at an artist space. These are items that only dealers can sell.
- Only two chairs will be allowed behind each artist table, so as not to infringe on the space of other artists. No exceptions. Artists must not exceed the allotted space of their table, especially if sharing the table between multiple artists.
- Artist space is not always in a lockable room, and artists should understand that they could be required to take down and remove all their things at night.
You are required to collect sales tax (8 % on general items, e.g. arts and crafts) and report that to the SD Department of Revenue within 30 days after the event. Forms from the state will be given to each Exhibitor when they check in. The SD Department of Revenue will be furnished with a list of registered exhibitors and may attend the festival to check the exhibitors. For more information, contact the SD Department of Revenue at (605) 626-2218.
Questions regarding the Fan Dak Con, can be directed at the Fandom Dakota e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org