2017 Fandom Dakota Film Festival –
The rules and regulations governing the submission of projects (hereafter referred as the “Project”) to Fan Dak Con, for consideration for the 2017 Fandom Dakota Film Festival.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions located in this document, the individual submitting the Film (hereafter referred to as the “Applicant”) acknowledges that they have obtained consent from any and all owners, creator, writers, producers or other authorized representatives of the Project whose consent is required to submit the Project to the Festival and has read and understood the submission rules and regulations.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to obtain authorization and permission form the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted or trademarked content or materials included within the submitted Project. Fan Dak Con disavows any responsibility for, nor will be held responsible for unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted or trademarked content or materials related to or within the submitted Project. Fan Dak Con reserves the right to disqualify any Project with unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted or trademarked content or materials. In the event that any dispute, claim, action, or proceeding shall be brought or asserted by any person(s) or entity, which allege that the Project has made unauthorized use of any copyrighted or trademarked content of material, the Applicant will fully compensate and defend Fan Dak Con, and each of its representatives and affiliates from any liability in any connection therewith and from any fees or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, which may incur in connection thereupon.
- Films will be no longer than 20 minutes, this includes opening titles, ending credits and any post credit footage.
- A DVD or YouTube video are the accepted forms of entry. DVD must be mailed to:
Fandom Dakota Convention C/O Northern State University Art Department.
1200 S. Jay St.
Aberdeen, SD 57401
YouTube Links can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fandom Dakota Film Festival application must be completed in full, along with a fee of $5.00 paid, before a film will be considered for entry in the Fandom Dakota Film Festival.
- All work must be original. As in original characters only, satirical characters based off existing characters are fine but must be your own character. (i.e. no to Spider-Man yes to Daddy Long Legs Man)
Theme – Original Science Fiction/Fantasy
Our festival will be focusing on science fiction/fantasy films. Films can be Comedies, Dramas, Detective Noir, Horror, Superhero, Martial Arts, and so on. Films merely need to include one of these two elements within their project:
Science Fiction – a form of fiction that draws imaginatively on scientific knowledge and speculation in its plot, setting, theme, etc.
Fantasy – an imaginative or fanciful work, especially one dealing with supernatural or unnatural events or characters.
What Judges will be looking for –
Judges will be critiquing the following in each project, and an award will be given out for each category.
- Technical Expertise
- Best of Category (Drama, Comedy, etc.)
- Judge Favorite Film
(A People’s Choice award will also be given out.)