2018 Fandom Dakota Film Festival –
The rules and regulations governing the submission of projects (hereafter referred as the “Project”) to Fandom Dakota Convention (Fan Dak Con), for consideration for the 2018 Fandom Dakota Film Festival.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions located in this document, the individual submitting the Film (hereafter referred to as the “Applicant”) acknowledges that they have obtained consent from any and all owners, creator, writers, producers or other authorized representatives of the Project whose consent is required to submit the Project to the Festival and has read and understood the submission rules and regulations.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to obtain authorization and permission form the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted or trademarked content or materials included within the submitted Project. Fan Dak Con disavows any responsibility for, nor will be held responsible for unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted or trademarked content or materials related to or within the submitted Project. Fan Dak Con reserves the right to disqualify any Project with unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted or trademarked content or materials. In the event that any dispute, claim, action, or proceeding shall be brought or asserted by any person(s) or entity, which allege that the Project has made unauthorized use of any copyrighted or trademarked content of material, the Applicant will fully compensate and defend Fan Dak Con, and each of its representatives and affiliates from any liability in any connection therewith and from any fees or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, which may incur in connection thereupon.
- Films will be no longer than 20 minutes, this includes opening titles, ending credits and any post credit footage.
- Films must be over 3 minutes in length, this includes opening titles, ending credits and any post credit footage.
- A YouTube video link will be the only acceptable entry. YouTube Links can be emailed to email@example.com Please put Fan Dak Con Film in the subject title of email.
- The Fandom Dakota Film Festival application must be completed in full before a film will be considered for entry in the Fandom Dakota Film Festival.
- All work is strongly encouraged to be original. As in original characters only, satirical characters based off existing characters are fine but must be your own character. (i.e. no to Spider-Man yes to Daddy Long Legs Man)
- The main focus of this film festival is to have a public showing of your film and get a chance for feedback from the community at the 2018 Fan Dak Con on September 8th.
Original Science Fiction/Fantasy Themed:
Our festival will be focusing on science fiction/fantasy films. Films can be Comedies, Dramas, Detective Noir, Horror, Superhero, Martial Arts, and so on. Films merely need to include one of these two elements within their project:
- Science Fiction – a form of fiction that draws imaginatively on scientific knowledge and speculation in its plot, setting, theme, etc.
- Fantasy – an imaginative or fanciful work, especially one dealing with supernatural or unnatural events or characters.
The following areas are possibilities for Honorary Awards:
- Technical Expertise
- Best of Category (Drama, Comedy, etc.)
YouTube links of films to be entered, can be shared on the Fandom Dakota Film Festival Facebook Event Page or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org