Dealers, and artists, herein referred to as Exhibitors, understand that these rules are established to ensure a safe, orderly, and proper dealer and artist space, and to protect the safety, security, liability, and public image of the convention and/or it’s attendees. Exhibitors agree that rules and policies, including these, are important and necessary for the smooth operation of the event, and they agree to abide by all such rules and policies.
- By registering as an exhibitor, whether online or via mail if available, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- You must fill out the required tax information form as soon as you pay for your booth or table.
- The convention is authorized but not required to enforce these, and any additional policies it may enact, and may provide penalties for violations of convention policies up to and including ejection from the convention without refund.
- Exhibitors may bring no merchandise into the Dealer’s room that would be illegal to sell, including, but not limited to bootleg DVDs, and unlicensed replicas or products.
- Exhibitors in the Artist Alley space, may only sell artwork which has significant amount of originality to meet copyright laws, which prohibits things such as but not limited to eyeballing and/or tracing.
- Exhibitors agree they are solely responsible for the legality and merchantability of any items they sell.
- All Exhibitors understand that the convention is solely responsible for leasing space to Exhibitors, as requested by purchasing space, for the designated time of the convention, however Exhibitors are solely responsible for the merchantability of the items within the confines of that space, although the convention may still eject vendors who violate policies as violating policies constitutes violating the contract between the Exhibitors and the event and prevents a safe, orderly, and proper dealer and artist space operation.
- All Exhibitors agree that they have, and are solely responsible for having, all the proper licensing that is required to do business at the convention, within guidelines for the state of South Dakota and/or Brown county.
- Selling any type of weapon, projectiles, ammunition, or air-canisters for any gas-powered guns is prohibited.
- Our convention is a family friendly event, and we ask dealers setting up to keep this in mind. The acceptability of displays of adult material is at the sole discretion of the Dealer’s Room Coordinator, and the Artist Alley Coordinator. Exhibitors must take care to prevent children from viewing materials that are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children. Do not sell inappropriate materials to minors, as it is illegal.
- Exhibitors may not rent, sell, transfer, or sublet space to anyone else.
- Space may be available on a first-come first-served basis, or any other basis as decided by the convention. Space may not be held for Exhibitors until they have completed the registration process and paid in full.
- Signs, decorations, banners, etc may not be taped, nailed, tacked, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, walls, painted surfaces, or columns at our convention facility, without prior consent from the Artist Alley Coordinator or the Dealer’s Den Coordinator.
- The convention is not responsible for losses due to theft, damage, fire, or other causes. Exhibitors must take care to watch their own space during the exhibitor hours.
- Exhibitors may be responsible for purchasing their own internet access or electricity through the venue, if it is needed.
- We may ask any Exhibitor to leave the convention at any time for any reason that we believe may harm the event, con goers, convention staff, or any other community members.
- We reserve the right to amend, adapt, modify, update or otherwise change these rules to protect the safety, security, liability, or public image of the convention and/or it’s attendees, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the convention’s executives.
Should any Exhibitor find they cannot attend the convention, or need to reduce the number of spaces purchased, they must contact the convention to make arrangements.
- Artists Alley Exhibitors will receive a partial refund through 10 days prior to the convention, minus a $10.00 fee. After that there will be no refund for cancelled spaces, and exceptions cannot be made.