- Drinking alcoholic beverages, using illegal drugs, having sexual relations in public, or participating in any illegal activity is strictly forbidden on the convention premises. Attendees found in violation of this policy will be escorted off the premises with no refund and the proper authorities will be notified.
- Illegal substances, alcohol, and/or dangerous items may not be brought onto the convention premises. If you are caught in illegal possession of alcohol or controlled substances, your badge will be revoked, police will be notified, and you will be asked to leave our convention. If you are openly intoxicated you will be asked to leave the Convention and escorted off the grounds by Fandom Dakota Convention (Fan Dak Con) taff or security.
- Bullying and harassment (sexual or otherwise) will not be tolerated. People who violate other individuals’ space, privacy, property, or person will be ejected from the event with no refund. Fan Dak Con Staff or Security can and will contact local law enforcement if warranted.
- Lewd outfits are prohibited and all clothing must be street legal. Fan Dak Con Staff members have the final say in what is appropriate and individuals may be asked to change their attire or leave the premises if necessary.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult always, no exceptions. Fan Dak Con is not responsible for the care of children, family, friends, etc. Please do not expect fellow staff, security, or volunteers to substitute as a care-giver of any kind.
- Entrances/exits may not be blocked and hallways must remain clear. Fan Dak Con staff and security will enforce these rules as a matter of public safety. There will be plenty of seating available in the Place for those who need a seat to relax.
- No loitering in the narrow hallways of the convention center.
- This convention has a no-smoking policy, including the use of e-cig or vaping products. If you must smoke, please do so outside. The Northern State University (NSU) campus, has a no smoking policy. There are, however designated smoking areas which are restricted to the parking lot. Located east of the venue location.
- Public displays of affection should be limited for a public setting, and in the presence of children. Grotesque behavior, speech, or conduct is unnecessary and will be cause for revoking your badge and you will be escorted off the premises as well as a report will be made to the local police if any laws were violated.
- No solicitation of any money or selling of products is allowed. If you have a product to sell then you must buy a booth in either Artist Alley or the Dealers Room.
- Do not touch any person without their permission.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed inside the convention hall. You may bring in a water bottle but it must be empty upon entering the building. There will be food and drink options available.
- The only people allowed to sell anything at Fan Dak Con, are the exhibitors, either in Artist Alley, or the Dealer’s Den, who have purchased a booth in the exhibition halls. If there are convention patrons who have collections they wish to liquidate, they may sell those to vendors at the event but not to individual patrons.
- A free literature table that will be available for all patrons to place items about their business venture or event. All materials must be PG in appearance and nature as well as not promote any kind of political, religious, or social agenda. Any items that do not fit these policies should be removed from the free literature table and disposed of promptly.
- Exhibitors and clubs that have booth space at Fan Dak Con may distribute printed promotional materials related to their business or club if their distribution is limited to their vending space, or the free literature table. Any person distributing literature of any kind through any distribution method without permission will be removed from the event and their badge revoked without a refund.
- Northern State University, and Fan Dak Con, does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, creed, age, handicap, sex, religious affiliation, national origin, or sexual orientation. All individuals are to be treated equally at the Fan Dak Con, by all persons associated with the event.
- Northern State University and The Fan Dak Con is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable convention experience for everyone. Harassment of any kind, including assault, battery, intimidation, stalking, unwelcome verbal contact, other malicious or harmful behaviors or any other unwelcome contact, will not be tolerated. If you are found to be in violation of this policy punitive measures up to and including confiscation of badge, removal from the convention, and/or police involvement will be taken. Unlawful activity will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Fan Dak Con is not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise between individuals who are in attendance of the convention. In general, we can take no action to prevent a person from attending the convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself. If you feel or are threatened, assaulted, harassed, or bullied while attending the convention, please notify staff or security personnel promptly and we will take appropriate action
- False accusations will be treated as acts of harassment perpetrated by the accuser. Fan Dak Con staff and security team will work to resolve the matter in a fair manner, but we cannot accept responsibility for resolving interpersonal disputes. Fan Dak Con reserves the right to ask all individuals involved in the situation to vacate the convention if a mutually agreeable resolution cannot be found.
- If you feel that a threat exists against your person or your life, we advise you to seek a court-approved Personal Protection Order (PPO) against the individual in question. If you have a previous PPO from a past situation, and feel that the individual in which you filed against would attend the Fan Dak Con. we encourage you to inform one of the Fan Dak Con Co-Event Coordinators of the potential situation. You must present this order to the co-event coordinator. We can make sure the individual is contacted and that a request is made for that person to avoid the Fan Dak Con.
- Candles, fireworks, sparklers, liquid fuels or other fire hazards are strictly prohibited.
- Items that are designed to fall, scatter or separate in some manner from a costume, such as glitter, confetti, flower petals or other items, should be avoided.
- Please do not bring in props that too closely resemble drugs or alcohol.
- Fan Dak Con staff, and security will have the final approval on questionable props and weapons. However, Fan Dak Con is subject to the Northern State Universities policies and the judgement of the venue’s management. In the event that props are found to be threatening or disruptive to the general operation of the venue, the venue reserves the right to ban props or costumes from the premises.
- If not approved, you will be asked to remove it from the convention premises. Attendees must take such items immediately to their hotel room or off convention property.
- Fan Dak Con Staff is not able to pre-approve weapons and props before the convention. A determination can only be made after handling and inspecting the object in question.
By entering the convention, you agree to be photographed or video recorded by Fan Dak Con staff and volunteers in the Convention areas, and understand that your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein your likeness appears. Additionally, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your image or recording in relation to the event. The material may be used in diverse settings within an unrestricted geographic area and may be electronically displayed via the Internet or another public setting. There is no time limit on the validity of this disclosure, nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
- If you wish to take a photo of another person, please ask the person or cosplayer for permission first.
- Do not block hallways or public areas while taking photos. If you are taking a photo, please move to one side of the hallway against a wall, or move to another
Clothing or signs that display messages deemed to be inappropriate or offensive to others (including, but not limited to, explicit language, homophobic, sexually suggestive or racially offensive material) will not be permitted. Convention staff reserve the right to ask attendees to change or cover offensive clothing. Failure to comply will result in your badge being confiscated. The Fan Dak Con is an inclusive event and encourages diversity and respect.
Cosplay is welcome at the Fan Dak Con.
- The Fan Dak Con is a family-friendly event, Cosplayers must keep their cosplay PG-13 or cleaner. In other words, nothing overtly violent or sexual in orientation will be allowed.
- Naked is not a costume, nor is body paint to replace shirts and/or pants. Overtly sexual costumes will not be allowed into the event.
- Bathing suit parts should be appropriately covered. No thongs. Ladies, limited cleavage please; gentlemen, if wearing spandex please wear a cup.
- If your costume includes some sort of weapon, please make sure that the weapon is obviously fake. Weapons should be made of plastic, foam, rubber, or some other form of softer material. All guns must have an orange tip and are not allowed to shoot any type of projectile (darts, water, etc.). No weapons made of steel or some other type of metal will be allowed. The Fan Dak Con does have the right to not allow certain weapon props into its events.
All props resembling weapons must be inspected, “Peace Tied,” and approved by Staff and/or Security prior to being carried or displayed in public areas. If you are found wondering the event, without having your prop weapon peace tied, you will be found to be in violation of the Props Policy. You will be asked to take the prop weapon which is in violation of the policy, back to your hotel room, or vehicle. If there are continued violations with the same prop weapon, the prop weapon will be confiscated and you may be ejected from the convention.
There will be no un-holstered prop weapons allowed at the venue, during the Cosplay Contest. All Fan Dak Con attendees are expected to show the same respect to NSU employees, as well as Fan Dak Con staff and security, if asked to put a prop in your vehicle or room. All projectile weapons are prohibited.
Prop guns will be permitted, pending inspection by Fan Dak Con staff or security, only if they meet the following criteria:
- They have no clips or moving parts
- They have a non-removable orange safety tip
- Remain Peace Tied at all times
No live steel (edged metal weapons) will be permitted. Bladed replica weapons must be made of a non-metal, non-sharp material, must be no more than 72 inches in length, and must be approved by Fan Dak Con staff or security. Carrying a non-compliant weapon in convention areas is prohibited, the weapon will be confiscated and held by Fan Dak Con security until the end of the convention.