Dealers, and artists, herein referred to as Exhibitors, understand that these rules are established to ensure a safe, orderly, and proper dealer and artist space, and to protect the safety, security, liability, and public image of the convention and/or it’s attendees. Exhibitors agree that rules and policies, including these, are important and necessary for the smooth operation of the event, and they agree to abide by all such rules and policies.
Booth Set up –
Exhibitors will be allowed to begin set up on Friday September 8th, 2017 from 7:00pm. – 9:00pm. As Well as on Saturday September 9th, from 10:00am – 11:00am. The Exhibitor or individual familiar with the items at the booth must be present at the display at all times during the Convention hours of operation. Demonstrations and, or explanations of the art, or other items at the booth are encouraged where possible, and appropriate.
Registration Fee –
There is a $40.00 fee, for Exhibitors that are selling art works. The fee is per requested booth space. You may request 1 or 2 booth spaces.
The Fee includes – One Booth Space, One Table, Two Chairs, and Two Badges.
Additional Item Fees –
- Tables: One table per booth space is provided; additional tables are available for an additional charge of $10.00.
- Chairs: Two chairs per booth space are provided; additional chairs will be available for an additional charge of $2.00, per chair.
- Badges: Two Badges per booth space are provided; additional badges will be available for an additional charge of $3.00.
Important Dates/Times –
|Friday, August 4th, 2017||–||Application Deadline
|Friday, September 8th, 2017||–||Check in and set up 7:00pm – 11:00pm|
|Saturday, September 9th, 2017||–||Check in and set up 10:00am – 11:00am|
|Event time 11:00am – 8:00pm|
|Tear down 8:00pm|
General Information –
All exhibitors should be aware that all reasonable measures will be taken to ensure security. Neither the Fandom Dakota Convention and its affiliates, nor Northern State University are responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Artist space is intended for home-made creations or artwork. Work that is not created by the table owner (manufactured plushies, buttons, etc. that you didn’t make either yourself or in collaboration with another) cannot be sold at an artist space. These are items that only dealers can sell.
- Only two chairs will be allowed behind each artist table, so as not to infringe on the space of other artists. No exceptions. Artists must not exceed the allotted space of their table, especially if sharing the table between multiple artists.
- Artist space is not always in a lockable room, and artists should understand that they could be required to take down and remove all their things at night.
You are required to collect sales tax (8 % on general items, e.g. arts and crafts) and report that to the SD Department of Revenue within 30 days after the event. Forms from the state will be given to each Exhibitor when they check in. The SD Department of Revenue will be furnished with a list of registered exhibitors and may attend the festival to check the exhibitors.
For more information, contact the SD Department of Revenue at (605) 626-2218.